Monday, February 11, 2013

God listens. No really, He does.

Hello there.

Oh yes, I have a blog, right? And I have neglected it. I am so sorry, I truly have no good excuses. I do have several ideas swirling around in my small brain that I promise will get written, but this one must be told. Right now. Actually, I should have written it last Thursday. But our house seems to have been hit with the plague and it took every ounce of energy for me to get through the weekend.

But alas, I am not going to go down the road of telling you all of our illnesses. I'm sure we've all got those stories going on in our homes right now.

I had a true God moment last Thursday. One of those where, I was in simple awe of how He reaches us, no matter where we are. And I have said to myself, many times, that I will shout those moments from the rooftops when they happen. Because when those happen, they are simply amazing.

I've been nervous recently about this adoption. Everywhere I look, I hear worries from the adoption community.

"They shut down Russia, they could shut down Ethiopia."

"The wait for Ethiopia is so long, what do you think this means?"

"How many years will this really take?"

And then my own thoughts are added to these. "God, have we heard incorrectly? Are we supposed to be going down this exact road? I mean, I really feel like adoption is in the books for us, but are we doing this the right way? International adoption is so tumultuous...."

Never mind the fact that He's confirmed this, multiple times. Apparently, I need to continue hearing this. So I prayed Wednesday night and again Thursday morning, asking Him to just show me if we're headed down the right path. I remember praying, "God, if these fears need to be calmed, please calm them. Please show me what road we need to be on and I'll jump on it. Even if it means a big turn."

Thursday afternoon, I get a Facebook private message from an old friend. It was, in fact, the first time I've really heard from her (other than following updates on Facebook) since graduating college. In other words, she's a Facebook friend I don't really keep in touch with, other than seeing her status updates. I won't print the message in its entirety, but here's the critical part, word for word:

"...Something just told me to message you and let you know you guys will get to the end. The day will come when it's your turn to hold whichever child God chooses for your family in your arms. It's a long process but a very rewarding one. Being patient is one of the hardest tests with God sometimes, but He is right there with you, blessing your family through every step..."

Thanks God. Got the message. Loud and clear. I don't know exactly how everything's going to work out, and that's okay. I'm going to leave the details to Him.

What God wills, He accomplishes.

source: Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney!

    I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete