Sunday, June 24, 2012

Walking in Obedience...well, trying

As I sat in front of the computer, attempting to come up with a name for this blog, nothing came, other than some obvious ones (and I know they're obvious, because they're already taken). So I continued to stew, frustrated that I couldn't come up with an amazing site name. I write, a lot, at my job, so why couldn't I do something as simple as this?

And so I decided to keep it simple, and state what is was we're trying to do: walk in obedience.

I feel like I should put a big disclaimer on the home page though. "We're really not obedient people though. In fact, I know for a fact that I'm disobedient every single day!"

Because you see, I'm a sinner. I wake up in the morning, chat with God as I get ready for work, ask Him to give me the chance to be positive in someone else's life, and it never fails. At some point during the day, I screw up. Sometimes, I screw up before I even walk out the door. Whether it's losing my patience with my daughters, snapping at someone at work, or groaning in frustration that my husband left his shoes in the hallway for me to trip over (again!), I am reminded of how far from perfect I really am.

I am so incredibly grateful to have a God who is patient and kind, who gives me mercy and grace when I most need it, who knows my shortcomings and loves me anyway.

What this blog really should be named is "attempting to walk in obedience." Because I do attempt it. Every single day. And I will continue to do so for the rest of my life here on Earth.

God gives us one precious life - what are you going to do with yours?

Blessings,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment